With Season 3 coming to an end, Go Battle League Season 4 has been announced by Niantic.
GO Battle League Season 4 Announced
Season 3 rewards, Season 4 timeline, and what to expect
When Season 4 begins on Monday, September 14, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7), your end-of-season rewards for Season 3 will be available on the Battle screen, including an Elite Charged TM if you reached rank 7 or higher! Season 4 will follow a similar league rotation as Season 3, noted in the schedule below. These dates are tentative. Stay tuned—we’ll update you if anything changes.
- The Great League will run from Monday, September 14, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, September 28, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
- The Ultra League and its Premier Cup will run from Monday, September 28, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, October 12, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7). This Premier Cup will have a 2,500 CP limit.
- The Master League and its Premier Cup will run from Monday, October 12, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, October 26, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7). This Premier Cup will have no CP limit.
- The all-new Halloween Cup will run from Monday, October 26, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) to Tuesday, November 3, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8). You can see more details about the Halloween Cup below.
- All three leagues and the Premier Cup (no CP limit) will be available from Tuesday, November 3, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, November 9, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8).
- Season 5 will begin Monday, November 9, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8).
You can look forward to the all-new Halloween Cup, which will run from Monday, October 26, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) to Tuesday, November 3, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8). In this format, only Poison-, Ghost-, Bug-, Dark-, and Fairy-type Pokémon will be allowed. In addition, you can earn reward encounters with Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle, all wearing Halloween costumes! The Halloween Cup will have a 1,500 CP limit.
You can expect the following to stay the same in Season 4.
- There will not be a walking requirement in order to battle in the GO Battle League.
- The Friendship level requirement for battling remotely will remain at Good Friends throughout Season 4. Remember that you can scan another Trainer’s QR Code to battle them, no matter where they are.
- The avatar items inspired by Pikachu Libre will continue to be rank 7 rewards.
- The avatar items inspired by Blue from the Pokémon RPGs will continue to be rank 10 rewards.
- The win rewards and Pokémon reward encounters will remain the same as Season 3. As a reminder, the Pokémon encounter rewards are as follows.
- Pidgeot starting at rank 1
- Galarian Zigzagoon starting at rank 4
- Galarian Farfetch’d starting at rank 7
- Rufflet starting at rank 8
- Scraggy starting at rank 9
- Pikachu Libre starting at rank 10
What’s new in Go Battle League Season 4?
There are some notable changes coming to the GO Battle League for Season 4.
- Rank progression will be changing in Season 4. You can reach rank 2 by completing a certain number of battles, and you can reach ranks 3 through 9 by winning certain numbers of battles. You’ll still need to reach a rating of 3,000 to reach rank 10, similar to past GO Battle League seasons.
- The end-of-season rewards will be similar to those in Season 3.
- Stardust from rank 1 to rank 3
- Stardust, TMs, and a Raid Pass from rank 4 to rank 10
- If you reach rank 10, you’ll earn a brand-new avatar pose!
- If you finish Season 4 at rank 7 or higher, you’ll receive an Elite Fast TM rather than an Elite Charged TM.
GO Battle Night
On Thursday, September 24, 2020, from 6:00 p.m. to 11:59 p.m. local time, you can experience the all-new Flying Cup during the limited-time GO Battle Night event!
- The Flying Cup will be available! In this format, only Flying-type Pokémon will be allowed, and the CP limit is 1,500.
- You’ll be able to complete 20 sets of GO Battle League battles, up from the regular five sets, for a total of up to 100 battles.
- You’ll receive twice the Stardust for winning battles, completing sets of battles, and ranking up in the GO Battle League.
- Evolve Pidgeotto (the evolved form of Pidgey) during the event to get a Pidgeot that knows Gust!
- Lunge: This Bug-type Charged Attack will lower the opposing Pokémon’s Attack. Initially when this attack becomes available, only Masquerain and Galvantula will be able to learn it.
- Bug Buzz: This Bug-type Charged Attack now has a chance of lowering the opposing Pokémon’s Defense.
- Flame Charge: This Fire-type Charged Attack now deals less damage and will raise the user’s Attack.
- Signal Beam: This Bug-type Charged Attack now has a chance of lowering the opposing Pokémon’s Attack and Defense.
- Vespiquen and Signal Beam: This powerful Bug-type attack is a perfect fit for a powerful Bug-type Pokémon like Vespiquen.