The level-cap on Pokemon Go has been removed, and now trainers can go beyond level 40. If you have been stuck at level 40, now is the time to level up. And if you are staggering to reach level 40, there are also updates to make it easy to reach level 40.
Thanks to the recent updates leveling up has become more fun and accessible. Here’s what you should look forward to.
Pokemon Go: How to Go Beyond Level 40
Go Beyond Level 40 Updates
Increase in XP for the following activities
- Catching a Pokemon with a Nice Throw: 10 XP to 20 XP
- Catching a Pokemon with a Great Throw: 50 XP to 100 XP
- Catching a Pokemon with an Excellent Throw:100 XP to 1,000 XP
- Catching a Pokemon with a Curveball Throw: 10 XP to 20 XP
- Evolving a Pokemon: 500 XP to 1,000 XP
- Catching a Pokemon or spinning a PokeStop the first time in a day: 500 XP to 1,500 XP
- Achieving a Pokemon catch streak or PokeStop spin streak of seven days: 2,000 XP to 6,000 XP
- Giving a Pokemon a Berry at a Gym: 20 XP to 50 XP
- Spinning a PokeStop: 50 XP to 100 XP
- Defeating a Gym: 100 XP to 1,000 XP
- Defeating a Pokemon at a Gym: 100 XP to 300 XP
- Hatching a 2 km Egg: 200 XP to 500 XP
- Hatching a 5 km Egg: 500 XP to 1,000 XP
- Hatching a 10 km Egg: 1,000 XP to 2,000 XP
- Hatching a Strange Egg: 2,000 XP to 4,000 XP
- Catching a Pokemon in AR mode: 100 XP to 300 XP
- Unlocking a new Pokedex entry: 500 XP to 1,000 XP
Increase in XP for the following activities
- The chance of encountering Smeargle after taking a snapshot has increased.
- Nanab Berries are now more effective, calming Pokemon down more effectively during encounters.
- Trainers now can earn more Candies from catching a Pokemon when they use a Silver Pinap Berry.
- The “Make 3 Excellent Throws in a row” task now leads to an encounter with Gible instead of Larvitar.
Buddy Adventure Update
- Trainers can now earn up to three hearts each day from battling with your buddy.
- Your buddy can now more easily get excited.
- Golden Razz Berries and Silver Pinap Berries are more effective when you give them to your buddy.
- The Stardust trainers will earn from giving a Pokemon a Berry at a Gym has been increased from 20 to 30.
- Beginning on December 7, trainers can earn more Stardust from weekly Adventure Sync rewards.
Legacy 40 Trainer
Trainers who reach level 40 before Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. local time will earn the title of Legacy 40 Trainer.
Bonuses for Legacy 40 Trainer
- Exclusive Timed Research.
- Exclusive Gyarados Hat Item.
- Special Legacy 40 medal.
To help Trainers reach level 40 faster, a double Catch XP bonus is live from Wednesday, November 18, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8) to Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. local time.
Go Beyond level 40 and reach Level 50
To go beyond level 40 and reach to new levels will take more than gathering XPs. Trainers will have to pass a hurdle of challenges and tasks to go beyond 40. Here’s, what trainers can expect to go beyond level 40.
- Level 41: Submit catching skills to a test of endurance! Trainers will be expected to catch a high number of Pokemon in a single day, along with other tasks, to reach level 41.
- Level 42: From evolving Eevee into each of its available Evolutions to using certain Evolution items on specific Pokemon, reaching level 42 will test your knowledge of Pokemon Evolutions.
- Level 43: Show mastery of Gym battles and Raid Battles! Trainers will also need to earn a certain number of Platinum medals before they can advance to level 43. Trainers might find themselves with a surprise avatar item at the end, too!
- Level 44: Battling other Trainers has been a fundamental aspect of the Pokemon RPGs since the beginning, but it’s still relatively new to Pokemon GO. Trainers will have to be developing skills in battle if they want to reach level 44!
- Level 45: Trainers have battled in Gyms, raids, and the GO Battle League, but to reach level 45 trainers will need to focus their efforts on taking down those pesky Team GO Rocket villains! Trainers might find themselves with a surprise avatar item at the end, too!
- Level 46: Get ready to explore, intrepid Trainers! To reach level 46, trainers will need to complete several Field Research tasks, hatch a certain number of Eggs, and document their daily adventures using GO Snapshot!
- Level 47: Trainers will have to master the art of battling in raids since the requirements to reach level 47 will test their mettle! For example, one challenge will require trainers to win raids with teams that meet certain qualifications—and that’s just the beginning!
- Level 48: The requirements to reach level 48 are focused on one of the most important things in all of Pokemon GO: Friendship with Buddy Pokemon! From kilometers walked to the number of Souvenirs trainers have collected, reaching level 48 will require trainers and their buddy to be laser-focused on developing their friendship with one another. They might find themselves with a surprise avatar item at the end, too!
- Level 49: If there’s one thing that matches the importance of a trainer’s friendship with their Buddy Pokemon, it’s friendships with other Trainers. The people trainers meet on their Pokemon journeys bring so much to their lives, and cultivating those friendships is key to becoming an amazing Pokemon Trainer. Reach level 49 by sending Gifts, acquiring Lucky Pokemon through trades, and more.
- Level 50: To reach the highest available level in Pokemon GO, trainers must master all aspects of the game. Some examples include making Excellent Throws, catching Legendary Pokemon, and defeating Team GO Rocket Leaders with Pokemon under 1,500 CP. So you can tell this will be the ultimate test of whether you’re ready to stand among the most accomplished Trainers in Pokemon GO. And, of course, you might also find yourself with a surprise avatar item at the end!
This is an exciting challenge in Pokemon Go for both players who are below level 40 and also for the players who have already reached level 40 and are itching to go beyond 40 and catch up to level 50.