Niantic will be making changes to revamp the PokéCoin system, in response to community feedback. Testing will be held in Australia to make these changes. Right now, the only way for Trainers to earn PokéCoins is from defending Gyms. However, this is turning to be a challenging task for Trainers during this Stay at Home movement.
When this update goes live, the following changes will be implemented:
- The maximum number of PokéCoins earned per day will be 50.
- The number of PokéCoins earned from defending Gyms will be six per hour.
- The maximum number of PokéCoins earned per day from defending Gyms will be 30.
- The number of PokéCoins earned per day from completing the featured activities in the Today View will be 20.
Niantic has mentioned the Activities which Trainers will receive as daily activities for each day to receive 20 PokéCoins.
- Make an Excellent Throw
- Evolve a Pokémon
- Make a Great Throw
- Use a Berry to help catch a Pokémon
- Take a snapshot of your buddy
- Catch a Pokémon
- Power up a Pokémon
- Make a Nice Throw
- Transfer a Pokémon
- Win a raid