Go Fest 2020 is over and with that Niantic has announced the Pokemon Go August 2020 Events. This month will be filled with Post Go Fest 2020 Events. Along with that new Pokemon for Research Breakthrough Encounter. Lets check out in details what Niantic has in store for us.
Pokemon Go August 2020 Events Revealed
August Research Breakthrough encounter
As per the official announcement, Scraggy, the Skin shedding Pokemon will be featuring in August Research Breakthrough Encounter. Scraggy is a Dark and Fighting type Pokémon introduced in Generation V. I know this will be disappointing for many Trainers out there. And wishing to get more Legendary Pokemon like last year. But it seems this won’t be the case. But instead this month will be featuring other Legendary Pokemons via 5-Star Raids.
The Ultra Unlock Begins!
Earlier announced through various challenges completion during Go Fest 2020 Event, Trainers will be able to unlock Ultra Unlock week. This will directly depends on number of Global challenges are completed. Trainers have successfully completed all 28 challenges resulting in unlocking all three Ultra Unlock weeks. Lets quickly go over the weeks events.
- Dragon Week will run from Friday, July 31, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Friday, August 7, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7). The majestic Dragon-type Pokémon come in all shapes and sizes, from the tiny Gible to the towering Alolan Exeggutor, and this week will be their time to shine! Rayquaza will be in five-star raids, and there will also be special Timed Research available only this week. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Deino!
- Enigma Week will run from Friday, August 7, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT to Friday, August 14, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7). The featured Pokémon range from the mysterious Elgyem to the powerful Deoxys! Deoxys will be in five-star raids, and if you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one! You might also encounter a Shiny Staryu.
- Unova Week will run from Friday, August 14, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. to Friday, August 21, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7). Sewaddle, Cottonee, Emolga, and Bouffalant—all originally discovered in the Unova region—will be appearing in the world of Pokémon GO for the first time! Bouffalant will be appearing in New York City and the surrounding areas. Genesect will be in five-star raids, and if you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one! You might also encounter a Shiny Roggenrola.
Pokémon Spotlight Hours
In the month of August, Pokémon Spotlight Hour will take place every Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. local time, and each hour will spotlight a different Pokémon and special bonus!
- Tuesday, August 4, 2020: Horsea will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, August 11, 2020: Sableye will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for transferring Pokémon.
- Tuesday, August 18, 2020: Venipede will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the XP for evolving Pokémon.
- Tuesday, August 25, 2020: Geodude will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Stardust for catching Pokémon.
You can also find these details about Pokemon Go August 2020 Events here. How was your Go Fest 2020? Did you liked the way it was arranged in the midst of Global Pandemic. Let us know about your thoughts in the comments below. Hope you all are staying safe and sound. Don’t forget to wear masks and maintain social distancing.