Things to know before you dive into Pokemon GO City Spotlight 2020
Steps to purchase City Spotlight ticket
- Open the Pokemon GO app.
- On the map, tap the Poke Ball icon.
- Tap Events.
- Tapping on events will take to the following webpage, where trainers can tap their city’s City Spotlight listing.
- Trainers will see “Tickets Available!” next to a first-come-first-served City Spotlight event if it hasn’t yet sold out. Tap the listing to select the event trainers wish to attend, choose how many tickets you’d like to purchase, and input your payment information to complete your purchase. On the payment-confirmation page, please take note of your order ID. You’ll also receive a confirmation email at the address you entered right before payment.
- A few days before the City Spotlight event, Trainers will receive a medal. When they open the app during the event, They will receive access to the City Spotlight experience, including the Special Research.
- After Trainers obtained the Special Research, they can complete it at any time.
Note: The City Spotlight Ticket is nonrefundable and also available on a first-come, first-served basis. So hurry and get your hands on the tickets before they sell out. Purchase tickets while stocks last until Sunday, November 22, 2020, at 2:00 p.m. local time. Tickets will also be available to purchase here.
Pokemon GO City Spotlight 2020 Date and Time
- Incense will last up to two hours, attracting more pokemons.
- Explore featured locations in your city. Each city’s event Timed Research will offer an encounter with different Pokemon for each featured location. Take snapshots.
- Be sure to get to level 20 before the event so you can access AR Mapping tasks. Note that AR Mapping tasks are unavailable for Trainers with child accounts.
- Compete with other City Spotlight cities to upload the most scans throughout the weekend. The AR Mapping tasks can be completed anywhere in participating cities and must be completed during the event to count. The winning city will earn an exclusive event taking place from Saturday, November 28, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. to Sunday, November 29, 2020, at 6:00 p.m. local time, featuring a 1/4 Hatch Distance bonus. You can check the standings on the leaderboard. Remember, completing AR Mapping tasks is a way to help your city become a premier location for future Pokémon GO experiences.
City Featuring spotlight 2020 event
|Auckland, New Zealand||Busan, South Korea||Kyoto, Japan||Tainan, Taiwan|
|Victoria Park||Jagalchi Market||Takaragaike Park Children’s Paradise||National Cheng Kung University Main Library|
|Albert Park||Yongdusan Park||Kyoto International Conference Center||Tainan Park|
|Takutai Square||Democracy Park||Takaragaike Park Iris Garden||Tainan Confucius Temple|
|Commercial Bay||Jungang Park||Takaragaike Pond||Blueprint Culture & Creative Park|
|Wynyard Quarter||Yurari Plaza||Nakaragi Path||Tainan Sports Park & Municipal Baseball Stadium|
|Auckland Domain||Busan Station||Kamogawa Park||Koxinga Museum & Koxinga Shrine|
Free citywide experience of the event
- The City Spotlight Timed Research will take you and your Buddy Pokemon all around your city.
- Take snapshots to encounter Pokemon and earn a Poffin, Stardust, and a Lucky Egg.
- Spin PokeStops for a chance to receive a special Gift sticker.
- Take part in an AR Mapping task competition against other participating cities! The city with the most AR Mapping tasks completed at the end of the weekend will win an exclusive event featuring a 1/4 Hatch Distance bonus! You can check how your city is faring in the standings on an online leaderboard.
- Receive a special reward when you complete an AR Mapping task.
City Spotlight ticket purchased experience
- Everything in the free citywide experience.
- The following Pokemon will be attracted to special Incense: Pidgey, Pidgeot, Doduo, Onix, Rhyhorn, Lapras, Unown C, Mantine, Pelipper, Nosepass, and Stoutland. If you’re incredibly lucky, you may even encounter a Shiny Unown C! Shiny Unown C will be available only for the duration of City Spotlight to Trainers who have a City Spotlight ticket.
- Explore the city with your Buddy Pokemon using exclusive City Spotlight Special Research as a guide! Complete the Special Research to receive a Poffin, an Incense, a Super Incubator, three Lucky Eggs, a Lure Module, an encounter with Lapras, XP, and Stardust.
- Earn up to three extra hearts with your buddy in every category.
- Your buddy will know that an exciting adventure is ahead. Give it treats during City Spotlight, and it’ll automatically become excited.
- 1/4 Hatch Distance when an Egg is placed in an Incubator during the event.
- Incense will be more effective while you’re walking and will last for two hours.