Trainers block your calendars dates of July 25 and July 26 as Niantic has declared these dates for Pokémon GO Fest 2020. Trainers will be able to participate in both days of the event with a single ticket. This is going to be a first-ever virtual event by Niantic on such a large scale. Last year, Niantic reported an attendance of 95,000 players. This year it’s very much expected to break the last year’s attendance record.
Tickets go on sale today for $14.99 through an in-app purchase. Niantic says it will be donating half of the proceeds to black AR creators in support of the Black Lives Matter movement, and half to US NPOs working on rebuilding local communities, with a minimum donation of $5 million.
Pokémon GO Fest 2020 - Day 1
Set to start On Saturday, July 25, from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time. Trainers will get to experience a range of Pokémon featuring over 75 species in the wild, in raids, and by completing Special Research tasks. Access to Special Research story that Trainers can acquire only on Day 1. Pokemon will appear based on the habitat’s theme. Based around fire, water, grass, battle, and friendship. Each Habitat will remain for 1 hour and then rotate. So Trainers will get to experience each Habitat twice on Day 1.
Trainers will be able to work together in the Global Challenge Arena! This GO Fest–exclusive feature will be available only to ticket holders. In the Global Challenge Arena, Trainers will have a chance to join forces in order to complete a collaborative challenge each hour. If Trainers complete a challenge, they will earn a bonus for the remainder of the hour. You can check the Global Challenge Arena screen to keep track of global progress!
Pokémon GO Fest 2020 - Day 2
Set to start On Sunday, July 26, from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time. Niantic has kept the Day2 to be a surprise. But there’ll also be another Special Research story for Trainers to enjoy.
How to purchase a ticket
Tickets to Pokémon GO Fest 2020 are now available in the in-app shop! Tickets are USD$14.99 plus any applicable taxes and fees (or the equivalent in your local currency). Tickets cannot be purchased with PokéCoins.
- In the shop, tap the Pokémon GO Fest 2020 image.
- Tap the Buy button.
- You’ll then see a pop-up indicating that you’ve received a ticket for Pokémon GO Fest 2020.
- After you tap OK, you can find the ticket in your Item Bag.
- A few days before the event, you’ll receive a medal. When you open the app during Day 1, you’ll receive access to the Pokémon GO Fest 2020 experience, including the first Special Research story! Make sure to open the app during Day 2 to receive the second Special Research story.
- After you’ve obtained the Special Research lines, you can complete them at any time. Tickets to this event are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service).
Weekly Challenges leading up to Pokémon GO Fest 2020
Regardless of Trainer possessing Fest tickets, they will be able to enjoy three weeks of weekly challenges in the form of Pokémon GO Fest 2020 Timed Research lines. If completed Trainers will unlock additional Pokémon appearances during Pokémon GO Fest 2020. More details about Pokémon GO Fest 2020 can be found on the offical site.