Mega Evolution was introduced to the mainline Pokemon series in the Pokemon X and Y series and extended in the Sun and Moon series. And Niantic has now added the Pokemon Go Mega evolution feature.
Pokemon Go Mega Evolution
Pokemon Go Mega Evolution so far
After much anticipation, Mega Evolution has finally made it’s way to the world of Pokemon Go! It was witnessed in some regions, including the Kalos region, that certain Pokemon could reach a further evolutionary stage and gain incredible power for a limited period in battle.
This extra evolutionary stage became to be known as Mega Evolution. After some investigation, Professor Willow has documented some notable differences in how Mega Evolution works in the world of Pokemon Go.
How does Pokemon Go Mega Evolution work
Selected Pokémon can Mega Evolve using a newly discovered resource called Mega Energy. Mega Energy is collected by completing Mega Raids. Mega Raids are Raid Battles that feature Mega-Evolved Pokemon.
The faster a Raid Boss gets defeated, the more Mega Energy one can receive for that Pokemon. So far we can Mega Evolve any of our Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, and Beedrill when we have enough of their corresponding Mega Energy.
Mega-Evolved Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, and Beedrill will be appearing in Mega Raids.
After you’ve Mega Evolved a Pokemon, the Mega Energy required to Mega Evolve that specific Pokemon will decrease from then onward.
However, Shadow and Clone Pokemon cannot be Mega-Evolved.
we can have only one Mega-Evolved Pokemon at a time. If we Mega Evolve another Pokemon. Then the first Mega-Evolved Pokemon will revert to its original form.
To help keep track of all of the Pokemon that can Mega Evolve and the ones that we’ve successfully Mega Evolved, you can check out the all-new Mega Pokedex. Check it out in your Pokedex!
Mega-Evolved Pokemon Features
Mega-Evolved Pokemons can stay in their Mega-Evolved forms for a limited time—even outside of battle! While your Pokemon is Mega-Evolved, you can use it’s full potential like this
- Battle in raids. All other Trainers’ Pokemon in the raid will receive an attack boost, and Pokemon whose attack types are the same type as any of the Mega-Evolved Pokemon’s types will receive an additional attack boost for those attacks. Please note that Pokemon can benefit from attack boosts from only one Mega-Evolved Pokemon at a time.
- Battle in Gyms. However, Mega-Evolved Pokemon can’t defend Gyms.
- Battle your friends—Mega-Evolved Pokemon are extremely strong! Note that Mega-Evolved Pokémon currently cannot battle in the GO Battle League, but that might change in the future as we discover more about Mega Evolution!
- Make it your buddy to see it on the map, play with it, and feed it!
- Take a snapshot! Be sure to share snapshots of your Mega-Evolved Pokémon on social media using #GOsnapshot!
Other Mega-Evolution Specialties
Mega Bracelet avatar items available now in Poke Store!
Avatar items motivated by Mega Bracelets are now available in the shop! Trainers in some regions wear Mega Bracelets to promote their Pokemon Mega Evolve, but in the world of Pokemon Go, only Mega Energy is needed. Feel free to wear one, but you don’t need to for your Pokemon to be able to Mega Evolve.
Mega Evolution–themed Special Research
Pokemon Go has introduced the new Mega Evolution–themed Special Research, A Mega Discovery. On completing the Special Research, we will be able to help Beedrill Mega Evolve by receiving Beedrill Mega Energy!
Mega Evolution–themed event in September
We can look forward to a Mega September event! There will be three weeks of Mega Evolution–themed events and features for us to enjoy. here’s a glimpse at what each week will be about.
- From Tuesday, September 1, 2020, to Monday, September 7, 2020, goal will be to complete as many Mega Raids as we can! Gather Mega Energy to Mega Evolve our Pokemon.
- From Friday, September 11, 2020, to Thursday, September 17, 2020, hone battle skills with your Mega-Evolved Pokemon. Take part in Gym battles, Team GO Rocket battles, and Trainer Battles (excluding GO Battle League battles).
- From Tuesday, September 22, 2020, to Monday, September 28, 2020, become buddies with your Mega-Evolved Pokemon and spend time with it! Be sure to take snapshots.
Pokemon Go Mega Evolution Trailer
I look forward to Pokemon Go Mega Evolution raids and events. Cant wait to master the Pokemon Go Mega Evolution forms.